Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Book Update - 8,427 words

One more quick post tonight before I hit the hay. An update on Book #3:

Things are going well so far on my nanowrimo-lite schedule. I’m aiming for a total of 30,000 words by the end of September, so on average 1,000 words per day. I’m up to 8,427 words now (I skipped a few days – including today) and am just wrapping up Chapter 4. I wrote a few bad beginnings before I found the one that “took”, but now I’m pretty happy with the way the story’s going. My characters have motivation, my story has conflict, it’s working! I’ll check back in in another week or so with any developments.

Also, I haven’t mentioned this on the blog before, but in October I’m taking a class called “Continuing Novel” at Grub Street. This will be my first writing workshop so I’m excited to give it a shot, but it’s also pretty scary to think that in a month I’ll be showing other people the book. For now the intimidation factor is keeping me focused on writing it, which is the important thing. Onward and upward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news all around! I'm taking a writing workshop in October, too, but not at Grubstreet. Mine is specifically geared at science fiction and fantasy, which is what I write. Keep at it, and good luck with yours!

Kayleigh said...

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Where is your sci-fi/fantasy class? The book I'm working on now is sci-fi, too. I took a Grub Street workshop before and really liked it, so I'm hoping a longer class will be just what I need to unlock the secret to bestsellerdom.